Tuesday 20 October 2009

Radio Production

For our first task in the rotations we worked with the programme “Sound booth” To make Radio jingles and learn how sound can be adapted and ordered to suit how the user wants it, and how radio can organise it’s material, I found it very interesting and a lot easier than I thought it would be.

The task we had been given was to make three Radio Jingles. One to promote a show, For the news and the other was an ident for the show. It was good to be able to mix sounds and effects to make it sound good and in the end it did come out quite well, although it could be better if I did it again because I’d understand the programme better.

We used SoundBooth as it would enable us to mix music, styles and effects that we wanted. For example you can fade out a song and play with the volume so two things can `be playing and you can hear one thing over the other.

I wanted to transport information over the top f the music with my voice, the date, the time, what was the USP of the show etc.


My plan was to make them flow well and appeal to the audience, and grab their attention. With relevant material to the show, so for example; as I advertised my show as one to show the latest music, on my ident and show promo I put snippets of songs in to add relevance.

When we had finished and listened back to them I was happy with the way it went, I didn’t think it sounded as good as I had thought it would, because I had got the volumes slightly wrong, but this mistake can be corrected next time I use the programme. But as a first attempt as I have had no experience on
sound producing programme before, I was amazed how far I’d come, how much I’d done and how much I’d understood.
Overall I was happy with the amount I learned, and got done over the week, although it wasn’t perfect, as an amateur at Radio Production I thought it was a good effort and I’m sure next time we come round to doing it I will be better. I now have the basic knowledge of how a radio show is produced, in basic anyway.



My jingles




No comments:

Post a Comment